Re: Mime-Version in message/rfc822 encapsulated messages

1993-08-06 07:32:18
sdorner(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com (Steve Dorner) wrote:

I understand that the Mime-Version header is not required in the headers of
the subparts of a multipart message, and those subparts are still to be
considered MIME.  Is, however, the Mime-Version header required in a
message encapsulated inside a message/rfc822 part?

I always assumed that the encapsulated 822 message is not a MIME
message by default.  That is, the encapsulated 822 message must
have a Mime-Version: header to also be a MIME message.
--

        -- Frank Bieser (frankb(_at_)hal(_dot_)com)