Re: A spec for showing language in MIME headers

1993-11-10 21:50:39
Masataka seems worried that the "en" of today may bear very little
resemblance
to the "en" of 200 years from now,

No. I just pointed out that it could be handled by time stamping, which
is anyway necessary if we seriously need language distiction by coutry
name.

He also seems
worried that something like "ru-su" becoming "ru-ru" overnight may cause
the net to disintegrate.

As the language tag is not so important to the net, even a completely
brain dead definition of it does not affect the net as a whole.

I'm unconvinced at the moment that this is a problem that the IETF
needs to solve.

Me too.

I'm unconvinced that contry name is essential to distinguish languages.

I'd like to see the revised 639 and want to know whether it is good
enough or not.

                                                        Masataka Ohta