Re: A spec for showing language in MIME headers

1993-11-11 12:14:49
At  1:18 PM 11/11/93 -0500, Dana S Emery wrote:
5 years ago I would have predicted (and bemoaned) a world wide
gradual adoption of english as a second language

As long as we're being philosophical, limited, agreed-upon protocols help
computers communicate, why not people?  You give up some degree of
expressivity in return for a wider audience in either case.

Isn't the Internet an excercise in undoing Babel?  In making everyone speak
the same language, so that Things get done?  Has this no application
outside the computer world?

[Yes, yes, I'll get your language away from you when I pry it off your
cold, dead tongue; just making a general observation, not suggesting that
everyone has to speak English.]

--
Steve Dorner, Qualcomm Inc.
    Sometimes it's easier to let your cockatoo eat your shoes