Re: A spec for showing language in MIME headers

1993-11-12 11:12:22
  An Australian blind want to hear Australian English,
  even if the letter is from US.

likely so.

if the original message content was digitized voice, then a
mapping to australian accent will be an interesting technical
challange.

I believe the original comment above to be a (possibly overly) strong
statement. I would have said "may want to hear[...]"

I am not blind, so I can't speak for what a blind person might want,
but if I receive a message from a friend in Australia, I would find it
perfectly natural to hear the message spoken with an Australian
accent. I would find it surprising (possibly amusing, possibly not) to
hear a message from my friend Clyde sounding as if he had acquired
Johnny Carson's voice/accent (much less that of, say, one of my family
members [northeast Texan drawl] with which I'd be arguably "more comfortable").

Robert Brazile <brazile(_at_)centerline(_dot_)com>