Re: application/postscript newlines

1994-05-21 20:25:01
On Fri, 20 May 1994, Jay C. Weber wrote:

mhn-show-text/x-html: rxmosaic -dil %f

Doesn't help much on a dumb terminal, does it?

Well, there's

mhn-show-text/x-html: lynx %f

Doesn't help much for a Microsoft Windows based MIME browser, does it?

:-)  We can go on forever like this.  We do need to be careful that if we
do go to HTML that a suitable interpreter can be whipped up fairly
quickly, as with text/enriched, so that those who want to roll their own
don't get discouraged and decide to not bother supporting it after all.

Probably the biggest minus with HTML is that is pretty much designed
around using links everywhere, but an e-mail message is unlikely to have
many links.  It becomes a question of distinguishing those HTML messages
that can be displayed directly with a minimal roll-your-own interpreter
and those that need something smarter like Mosaic or Lynx.

Cheers,

Rhys.