Re: application/postscript newlines

1994-05-29 21:32:37
At 12:35 AM 5/20/94 -0400, Lennart Lovstrand wrote:
I have two points:

1. RTF is a text format directly comparable with Enriched and ought to be
registered the same way.  Having it confined to the application type is
essentially saying that it should be used only for attachments.

I believe that the only time people will use RTF is as an attachment, when
they have an appropriate application program.  Therefore I think it should
be an application type (unless I'm missing something).

Or is it rather that the majority of MIME folk aren't very interested in
exchanging "higher resolution" text or see it as practically unobtainable?

I'm one of the former, because I'd rather use something like RTF and get it
accepted as an exchange format by the application vendors than have to
learn yet another language for text editing.

Jim