Re: NULL

1994-10-17 03:39:08
It is my belief that a single-body message encoded in 8bit MUST have
its last bytes be CRLF in order to be sent using the 8BITMIME SMTP
extension;

I hope there is consensus here, at least, though it should be worded
"8bit MIME" not "8BITMIME SMTP", because it is not SMTP issue.

this makes the behaviour of PD Eudora, which labels attachments
as "Binary" and sends them using SMTP, rather questionable in my eyes.

Moreover, with such an approach, if 8bit is not 0-255, binary neither.

But I'm not going to die on its behalf, or even spend
much time arguing. Have fun - make systems work, folks!

Unseriously speaking, it's real fun to tweak uninteroperable systems.

Stop and make systems interoperate.

                                                        Masataka Ohta