Re: SWEDISH CHARACTERS IN EMAIL: THE SUNET INITIATIVE

1994-11-17 09:48:23
At 3:26 PM 11/17/94, Masataka Ohta wrote:

For 2022, you would have to
actually interpret the text to see what characters you need and then
display them.

Displaying is the job of terminal emulator and  has nothing to do with
MUA.

Eh?  There's fundamental misunderstanding of what an MUA does here.  I
define an MUA as the interface between a person and the electronic
representation of electronic mail.  The MUA must acquire email from an MTA,
read the electronic form of a message and render it for human perception.
It must translate human perception into electronic form suitable for
transmission by an MTA and deliver it to an MTA.

Modern MUAs render terminal emulators for the use of electronic mail irrelevant.

What is your definition, Ohta-san?  I believe it must differ significantly
from mine.