Re: SWEDISH CHARACTERS IN EMAIL: THE SUNET INITIATIVE

1994-11-17 13:10:10
At 9:25 PM 11/17/94, Masataka Ohta wrote:
Yes, and that's the problem of the unregulated combinations of
combining characters of ISO10646/UNICODE.

Sigh.

I've noticed several additional digs at Unicode in recent posts, and at
this point I'm not going to respond to them any more. I suggest anyone with
doubts about Unicode pick up a copy of "The Unicode Standard", or get
information from ftp.unicode.org, and make up their own mind about whether
combinations of combining characters are unregulated or whether any of the
other varieties of evil ascribed to Unicode are true.

I'll be happy to engage in a serious discussion if anyone has concerns or
questions about Unicode or its use in Internet mail or other services,
provided that we all try to be a little open-minded about it. That is why
I'm on this list, after all.

David Goldsmith
david_goldsmith(_at_)taligent(_dot_)com
Senior Scientist