Re: HTML in MIME mail

1994-11-22 01:07:59
Nathaniel,
the "bible" on interpreting relative locators is the I-D

                  Relative Uniform Resource Locators
                 <draft-ietf-uri-relative-url-01.txt>

by R.T. Fielding.
You can find a less rigorous definition in RFC 1630, around page 10.
My thought was to change this mechanism as little as possible
for use within a message. One could imagine the content-ID reference
being done as Content:idvalue (absolute reference), but to my mind,
this introduces too many silly states.

A simple part numbering scheme might also be good, for people who
don't love content-IDs. (I don't generate them, myself)

              Harald A