Re: We are using ISO-2022-JP *NOW*!

1994-12-01 20:59:49
Rick Troth said:
        The point is that MIME supports ISO-2022.   You sent it labeled
as such and we could at least do *something* with what we got.   Before
MIME,  there'd be no way to know it was 2022  (except for context).
        If you find in the future that all the non-Japanese nations
reject 2022  (I'm not saying that will happen,  but it's possible),
then don't get your feelings hurt.   You're not the first group to create
something wonderful that lost-out in the market for  "consumer"  reasons.

It doesn't matter if all non-Japanese nations reject 2022.  As long as it
used in Japan, it is a "useful" character set.  If you would like software to
interoperate with Japanese speaking folks, you will need to add support for
2022.

-- Mark Keasling
   AIR Company LTD, 5-31-20 West Senriyama, Suita City, Osaka 565 Japan
   email: makr(_at_)airco(_dot_)co(_dot_)jp  fone: +1 816 368 6090  fax: +1 816
368 6091