Re: We are using ISO-2022-JP *NOW*!

1994-12-09 07:04:28
On Thu, 8 Dec 1994, Dave Crocker wrote:

At 6:11 AM 12/8/94, Jacob Palme DSV-SU wrote:
One way of getting Americans to understand the views of people

I'm afraid that your opening, here, is extremely unhelpful.  You might
consider refraining from attributing difficulties in the discussion to
ethnocentrism.  There has been nothing in the content of my messages, or
others espousing similar views, that pertain to national original or
affiliation.

I apologize sincerely for my statement which you quoted. You are quite
right. I should have written "some people" instead of "the Americans".
I broke a basic ethical rule for e-mail, "do not write while affected",
wait until you have thought about it.

Many Americans show a deep understanding of the problems with character
sets which some non-English language users have.

Jacob Palme                  E-mail: jpalme(_at_)dsv(_dot_)su(_dot_)se
                             Phone: +46-8-664 77 48 or +46-8-16 16 67
Department of Computer and   Fax: +46-8-664 77 48 between 9 am & 2 pm WET
Systems Sciences (DSV)       Postal address: Skeppargatan 73,
Stockholm University         S-11530 Stockholm, Sweden