re: Re[6]: Will the real uuencode please stand up?

1994-12-28 10:46:10
< To show just how crazy this can be - I have a reseller working with a
< client that is using our cc:Mail gateway and another vendor's MIME
< compliant Microsoft Mail gateway.  Both sides have to deal with non-MIME
< recipients as well as MIME.  It is starting to look like the best way to
< solve the interoperability problems between our two MIME gateways will be
< to configure both sides to think the other gateway is a non-MIME gateway
< and uuencode everything between themselves (actually I think we can
< receive their MIME messages, however the other gateway drops the
< x-uuencode CTE on the floor). This makes no sense to me.

If you were to instead use a Content-Type of x-uuencode, I bet the other
gateway would be perfectly happy, AND the non-MIME gateways would also be
perfectly happy. It sounds like a win-win situation to me.

                                        Tony Hansen
                            hansen(_at_)pegasus(_dot_)att(_dot_)com,
tony(_at_)attmail(_dot_)com
                                att!pegasus!hansen, attmail!tony