Re: How we are planning to embed HTML in messages

1995-05-13 10:47:32
I have tested how two popular e-mail clients will handle the
message format described in my previous message. Here is
the result:

PINE 3.91 run via telnet on a Unix server will make all three body parts
available using the V(iew) command, but will directly display only the
TEXT/HTML part.

EUDORA 2.1 will show both the TEXT/PLAIN and the TEXT/HTML
variant in sequence, not telling the user that they are
two versions of the same text except by showing the
MULTIPART/ALTERNATIVE line to the user. The picture
is saved to a disk file.

EUDORA does not try to, or offer, to call a HTML viewer to
show the TEXT/HTML part, nor to call a GIF viewer to show
the IMAGE/GIF part.

Jacob Palme <jpalme(_at_)dsv(_dot_)su(_dot_)se> (Stockholm University and KTH)