Re: Multipart/Alternative and Text/HTML in e-mail

1995-11-06 13:29:59

All this talk about using Multipart/Alternative is making me a little
sick to my stomach.  Most mailers just treat it as multipart/mixed and show
everything to the user.  What a mess that will be, a bunch of text, then a
bunchof HTML--yuk.

Funny I remember when the discussion was on whether to use "text/html" or
application/html" lots of people claimed that html could actually be read
without
a browiser so we should use "text" as the type.  So why do we need to include
the plain text equalivant of the html now?

One last note, I have implemented the multipart/related draft and IT is much
easier to do when type parameter idenifies the message root as a single type.
As an implementor I hate the idea of having to handle a multipart.  It is messy
and probably will not be widely implemented.

Regards,
Mark Joseph
The Wollongong Group, Inc.
Santa Cruz, CA.