Re: overdefining text/plain?

1998-03-10 23:42:49
Excerpts from direct: 10-Mar-98 Re: overdefining text/plain? Ned
Freed(_at_)innosoft(_dot_)com (3167*)

What I do think we have is evidence of something we've known from the start,
which is "developers often implement things incorrectly and once
implemented,
things tend not to get fixed, even when users complain".

Sure, a well-known problem.  My point is that the RFC is broken, and
that a conforming MUA would not be a good one, from a CHI perspective.

And as I said before, I disagree with this assessment. I also think you have
not come even close to demonstrating that this is a good change to make. (Even
assuming I could make it at this point, which I don't believe I could.)

Fine.  I'd still adjust the RFC to eliminate the requirement to display
things simply because someone has registered them as a text subtype.

That's your opinion. Mine is that this is a terrible idea, and not something
within my purview as editor anyhow.

                                Ned