Re: overdefining text/plain?

1998-03-10 17:01:15
On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:
Where I do have a problem is deciding what rules to test, and what are
"correct" results. The ietf-822 list doesn't seem like the best place to
discuss this, so I propose setting up another mailing list to specify what
should be tested and what the acceptable/unacceptable results should be.

If others on this list think the test is a good idea, I can go ahead with
it and with a list for people to list tests. BTW, don't forget to look at
RFC 1844.

The non-controversial set is the conformance rules in RFC 2049 which are
already draft standard.  Anything else (including RFC 1844) might be nice,
but I think it would be better to start with a simpler set just to see how
it works.

I also believe this is the right list to discuss it, since this list
is the same list where MIME was developed (albeit at its former
location).

                - Chris