Re: text/paragraph or wrap=yes/no

1998-03-13 16:11:10
Until of course some bozo wants to mix long-line paragraphs with
ascii art, because *his* MUA 'looks right when he does it".... ;)

Yep, it is a problem for sure.

I sense a slippery slope here.  Perhaps pushing text/html capable
MUA is the REAL right answer here?

I used to believe this was the case, although I might have argued for
text/enriched or text/simpletext at various points in time. But we have ample
evidence that this just doesn't fly. We've spent vast amounts of time trying to
come up with solutions in this space, we've documented them, many of
us have written code to support them, and none of them have worked out.

I guess another way to put it is that this may well be the right answer, but
there doesn't appear to be a way to get there from here.

And yes, I agree about the slippery slope, which is why the requirements in
these proposals need to be fairly draconian.

                                Ned