Re: format=flowed : why not use HTML?

1998-08-18 16:15:51
Michael A Quinlan wrote:

I would like to vote in favor of this as well. Resources would be
better spent improving support for HTML in MUAs instead of coming up
with yet another format for flowed text.

Me too, but for a slightly different reason: history shows that we've
had enough trouble getting text/plain to be used properly.  By adding a
new variant of (or parameter to) text/plain, we're only going to make
things more complicated, and thereby make that problem harder, not
easier.

I say leave bad enough alone, and use other content-types for future
advances.

--
Jamie Zawinski             http://www.jwz.org/              about:jwz