Re: format=flowed : why not use HTML?

1998-08-19 11:11:32
At 1:36 PM -0400 8/19/98, Keith Moore wrote:

So tell me, if one assumes the label approach (which I believe is present
in either proposal), why does that label have to be outside the content
itself?  What's the difference, really, between a label and an HTML tag?

Because people get mad at MUA vendors when they see markup crud in their
mail messages. Same situation as QP encoding.

It's true that all proposals have some form of labeling. The MIME parameter
labeling is much more innocuous than a MIME type. Recall my experiment
where many MUA's failed miserably when presented with a text/paragraph
entity (even though failing so is a violation of the MIME spec).

LL