Re: format=flowed : why not use HTML?

1998-08-19 12:13:51
Ned Freed wrote:

Its been at least 10 years since these issues arose but it seems like nothing
has changed. These issues have also surfaced of late in regards to security
multiparts in the USEFOR WG. (I think a different response is indicated there,
BTW, but I don't want to get into that here.)

I would suggest that this is in large part because until 2 or 3 years
ago, these were non-problems, and nobody cared.  Nobody really tried to
exchange messages more complex than text/plain in a big way until quite
recently.  Yes, MIME has been around forever, but it only started making
an impact in the real world quite recently.

So I don't think the fact that it has been ten years really says much
about this particular problem; there were other factors.

--
Jamie Zawinski             http://www.jwz.org/              about:jwz