Re: format=flowed : why not use HTML?

1998-08-20 12:21:22
At 10:48 AM -0700 8/20/98, Jamie Zawinski wrote:

Do you have examples of what you think would render such messages
unreadable to a viewer who only implemented "simple html"?

This is really besides the point.  The problem we're trying to solve is
fairly simple: a way for text to be (a) *totally* compatible with
text/plain, and (b) able to indicate which lines can be flowed on
receipt.

There are lots of other problems that would be nice to solve, but
realistically won't be.  If we can agree on a solution to the most
basic and simple form of the problem we may have a chance of seeing it
implemented and deployed, and thus have Internet email made a bit safer
and more interoperable.  If we try to get fancy, we likely won't agree,
and certainly won't see successful deployment.