Re: Mailing list addition of resent headers

2001-05-26 03:17:16
At 15.22 +0200 01-05-25, Kai Henningsen wrote:
I still like my idea to give a labelled list of possible reply targets, from which the user could select. Some of these might be standardized, others might only make sense for a specific message.

Our mail system displays three radio buttons in the reply-writing
window. The buttons are labelled "Reply to the forum", "Reply to all"
and "Reply to author only". In addition, the user can specify explicitly
exactly the recipients.

See this picture of our user interface:

The problem is that you have to have a default value, unless you
force users to answer an extra question every time they enter
a reply. And there is no good default value in this case.
--
Jacob Palme <jpalme(_at_)dsv(_dot_)su(_dot_)se> (Stockholm University and KTH)
for more info see URL: http://www.dsv.su.se/jpalme/