Re: Mail addresses and extended character sets

2001-06-22 14:41:01

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 01:51:46PM +0000, Charles Lindsey wrote:

In the future, however, there will be newsgroup-names involving non-ASCII
character set, such as
      dk.test.blåbægrød
(That is our standard example on the USEFOR list - it means blueberry
porridge I believe). The charset in which it will be expressed will be
UTF-8 (it is in iso-8859-1 in this article, just so people are more
likely to be able to read it). But emailing that to
      dk-test-blåbægrød(_at_)moderators(_dot_)isc(_dot_)org
will not work because such characters are not allowed in email headers
(and we really want an address that will pass through the present mailing
system).

Well, please "blåbærgrød"
("bæ" actually means sh*t!, in Danish, "bær" means berry)

Kind regards
Keld