Re: Mail addresses and extended character sets

2001-06-26 05:52:29

Indeed we cannot make firm proposals for email, but it would be wise to
see what they are up to, and to stick our oar in if it looks like they are
proposing something unsuitable.

Indeed.  Several of us are on the IDN list, and are watching.  It's just that
I personally find it difficult to summarize where they are, because there
are a lot of variant proposals, and there is not quite a consensus yet even
as to the basic approach (though there is a majority supporting one approach)
Perhaps someone else (Paul?) would care to summarize?

Keith