Re: draft-klyne-msghdr-registry-00.txt

2001-10-03 14:42:15

At 02:12 PM 10/3/01 -0400, Keith Moore wrote:
my concern is that we'll register the pollution, and thereby confer
legitimacy on it.

That's part of why I focused on RFC-defined headers only.

At 02:59 PM 10/3/01 -0400, Keith Moore wrote:
maybe we could have two registries - one of standard headers, and another
with discouraged headers.

Well, as I said in my response to Charles, I considered something like that but in the end didn't because it wasn't clear to me that the benefit justified the additional effort.

But I am open to other viewpoints.