Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-klyne-msghdr-registry-02.txt

2002-02-03 14:36:28

Dave Crocker <dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com> writes:

the value judgement of the phrase 'half-way' can apply to what you
prefer, too.

If one is interested in interoperability, then publishing only
specifications that are standardized, while excluding specifications
that are not, is certainly no better than half-way.

By that argument, Dan's doing exactly the right thing, and anything less
than what Dan's doing is "half-way".

Personally, I think there's a clear utility at the other end of the
spectrum just because of the plethora of header-related RFCs that make it
hard to keep track of everything that's been standardized.

--
Russ Allbery (rra(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu)
<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>