Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-klyne-msghdr-registry-02.txt

2002-02-08 09:10:21

At 11:33 PM 2/7/2002 -0600, Pete Resnick wrote:
I gave a long argument as to why this accomplishes exactly the opposite of what you say you want.

Indeed you did. In fact at this point, the nature and benefits of this registration mechanism has been explained many times.

It's clear that those opposed are more interested in being entrenched in their view than they are in considering whether their fears have a serious foundation.

The model that Somebody Somewhere Might do Something Bad (sm) is a good way to ensure that nothing useful ever gets done.

So, continuing this debate only lends credibility to their paranoia. It implies that we should take that paranoia seriously.

We shouldn't. And the first step in not taking it seriously is to stop responding to it.

d/

Dave Crocker  <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>
tel +1.408.246.8253;  fax +1.408.273.6464