Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-klyne-msghdr-registry-02.txt

2002-02-09 06:33:22

No it's not.  When I needed one 2 years ago, I asked for and was assigned
one.
TCP Option Number 24, "SNAP".

Thanks for the data point. Did you request and obtain Keith's approval
of the merits of your protocol extension before you started using it?

Or was Dan's blanket assurance that OPTIONAL protocol extensions are
completely harmless sufficient for IANA?

Keith

p.s. and yes, thanks for the data point.  I'm going to investigate whether
this is current policy.  I'm curious, did you submit a specification for
your extension when requesting the option number?