Re: I-D Recommendations for Automatic Responses to Electronic Mail

2002-06-12 08:52:11

Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> writes:

it's a good idea in general, but the last thing I want to do is
legitimize Precedence.  maybe there's a better way?

The problem is that while you understandably don't want to legitimize
Precedence, it's what everyone is already using.  So any new solution
would be significantly less useful than just using Precedence (there are a
bunch of autoresponders out there that aren't going to be upgraded any
time soon).

--
Russ Allbery (rra(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu)
<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>