Re: I-D Recommendations for Automatic Responses to Electronic Mail

2002-06-13 05:03:20

Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu>
not quite: a lot of 'bots aren't using it.

A lot of bots are broken and are likely to remain so ;) All your document
does for them is specify in usable detail how they theoretically could be
fixed. (I'm feeling pessimistic today, I guess.)

but I do understand that, currently, setting precedence is probably the
most effective way to get 'bots to not respond to your message.

Well, what are the specific problems with the precedence? Often knowing
the problem better leads to finding a solution.

All I know about precedence is that it has bad karma. It smells of
unreliability. Nothing unusual for responders, that.

--Arnt