Re: Interpretation of RFC 2047

2002-12-19 23:20:25

Keith Moore wrote:

for the purpose of this discussion the relevant point is that for DSNs, encoded-words are only recognized within comments, per the language in 2047.

OK.

one important difference between some 1894 fields and 822 fields is that
several 1894 fields consist of a structured portion followed by a
non-structured portion.

As noted in my response to Alan Barrett's query regarding parentheses
not indicating comments; the non-structured part can't be said to contain
comments.

I'd forgotten that in 1894 I had permitted use of encoded-words in comments.

Thanks for the clarification.