Historical trivia

2003-01-14 07:03:26

I have a few questions of an historical nature:

1. The rfc-index states (correctly) that RFC 680 (between 561
   and 724 in the chain leading up to 2822) is not online. If
   somebody has a copy of 680 that they would be willing to
   (a) scan and email
   or (b) fax
   or (c) photocopy and mail
   to me, I'll do what I can to get it into suitable electronic
   form.  Please email me off-list to discuss.

2. RFCs 561 and 724 provided for an alphabetic zone "GDT", which
   was dropped in 733.  But neither of the earlier RFCs gives the
   semantics for GDT. What were they?

3. 724 and 733 provided for nested lists of addresses, either
   angle-bracketed or in groups -- these were dropped in 822.
   Were they ever used?

4. Were :atom: address forms other than :Include: and :Postal:
   ever defined?