Re: Unicode newsgroup name options

2003-02-28 19:43:39

  [ rejecting bytes 128-255 as an anti-spam technique ]
zero false positives

Wrong. A huge number of non-spam messages use bytes 128-255.

I have yet to see a single one.  of course, since I only speak English,
there's a very high probability that any message that I see that contains
those bytes in a message header is spam.  at any rate, they're all in
violation of the standards, and as far as I'm concerned, it's reasonable to
outright reject any message that is so flagrantly broken.