Re: Dual names, IDN and ASCII, in e-mail addresses?

2003-09-27 10:39:32

Jacob,

JP> If the mail standards were developed anew with no need
JP> for backwards compatibility, one might say that an
JP> e-mail address should look like this:
JP> Now, I am fully aware that something like I describe
JP> above is not possible for backwards compatibility
JP> reasons.

You wrote the above immediately after responding to a note from me that
explained that we had such a notation for some years, but it was never used,
so it was finally deprecated.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>