Re: New Internet Draft: draft-duerst-archived-at-00.txt

2004-02-26 08:55:33

Keith,

I think our debate has pretty much run its course. I happen to think HTTP-based archives have greater utility than you appear to do, but that's fine.

(Answering another question on this list recalled to me that one of the benefits of this proposal used in conjunction with HTTP-based archives is that it makes it easier to construct threads of discussion and reasoning that may be completely separate from specific message/response sequences seen in any single email thread.)

While I don't regard it as essential, I've no objection that the spec might say some things about the topics you suggest, assuming that it doesn't become overbearing. And, of course, someone has to provide some suitable text.

#g