Re: Has IANA gone mad?

2004-07-25 02:38:37

ned+ietf-822(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com  wrote on 24.07.04 in
<01LCU2T4WZNM00005R(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com>:

Bruce, I'm afraid I find your position to be totally without merit,
preposterous, and absurd. I also find your apparent ignorance of the IETF
process and the tools used to support that process to be nothing short of
appalling. Things like the RFC Editor queue and the datatracker were
introduced years ago with not inconsiderable fanfare. They have also been
discussed at great length on various lists.

(Note that I do not support Bruce.)

Well, I always thought I was pretty well informed about the general IETF
way of things.

I found out about the RFC editor queue from the RFC editor pages.

I found out about the datatracker about a week ago, either from something
here or possibly on ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org - I don't remember exactly.

It may have been discussed at length on various lists, but that obviously
wasn't enough except for someone who was following one of those lists at
that time. Which, it seems, didn't include me, or Bruce, or persumable a
large number of other people.

MfG Kai