Re: draft-moore-mail-nr-fields-00

2004-08-29 11:44:22

Steve Dorner wrote:

Why define two fields for this? I don't understand the difference between To-NoReply and Cc-NoReply. All these recipients seem like Cc-NoReply to me; they're people who get the message but are not expected to be primary participants.

I suspect that just having CC-NoReply would reap about 99% of the value of having both To-NoReply and Cc-NoReply. But as far as I can tell, whether you want a recipient to get replied on a message is more-or-less orthogonal to whether the recipient is a "primary recipient" (probably meaning, someone who is expected to act on the message) or not.

Keith