Re: New Internet Draft: draft-duerst-archived-at-00.txt

2004-10-29 07:25:59

On Thu October 28 2004 03:08, Martin Duerst wrote:

Yes, but can you forward more than one message in a single message?

Of course; that's what multipart/digest is for.

 >Yes, context is useful, but that context is provided by the
 >access to the messages in an MUA, by that MUAs features).
 >List-Archive can point to such an archive.  Nor is Archived-At
 >necessary to get a starting point at a particular message;
 >a URI could be obtained from any suitable mechanism,

Could you be a bit more specific here?

A List-Archive URI could be an imap URI or a pop URI, for
example.  Also, as described in a separate message, a URI
could be conveyed in a Comments field, as a text comment
in a suitable structured field, etc.