Re: Attempts at establishing harmful conventions

2004-11-30 19:13:36

Keith Moore writes:
where do you draw the line between what belongs in the subject and what belongs elsewhere?

Language.

On one side of that boundary, there's text in Hindi or whatever else the sender sent. The message recipient can be expected to understand that language, but neither the transport system nor the recipient's MUA.

I don't think this is cruft - I think it's useful information that reasonably belongs in the subject field.

How would you handle foreign-language abbreviations?

Arnt