Re: <quoted-string>s in <msg-id>s (Re: Compatibility wit Netnews (was I-D ACTION:draft-resnick-2822upd-01.txt))

2007-05-02 03:25:47

I looked at about a hundred thousand messages from the previous millenium and found three senders of quoted-string message-ids. Only one of the three needs the quotes, the other two presumably put them in to get that warm fuzzy feeling.

Here's smartlist at work:

Here's an X.400 gateway which didn't identify itself in Received:

(All the messages from this gateway were from military institutions or badly managed state-owned telcos, so I assume someone on this list can guess which software this was.)

Finally I have some from PP, which I believe has transmogrified into isode.co.uk:

Arnt