RE: Comments on Malformed Message BCP draft

2011-04-20 00:24:27

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ietf-822(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-822(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Keith Moore
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:25 PM
To: Charles Lindsey
Cc: ietf-822(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Comments on Malformed Message BCP draft

That's not to say that I want MSAs to forward thoroughly broken
messages; I don't.  But once a message leaves the MSA, I think the
opportunity to provide any kind of useful feedback to the submitter has
probably passed.

Where the MSA is under the control of someone that wants to exploit browser or
MUA weaknesses, or doesn't care about standards as long as his/her crap gets to
the inbox, doesn't that view of the world means there's no hope for improvement?