Re: [ietf-822] WSJ/gmail/ML, was a permission to...

2014-05-04 10:43:01
No, he's not. A lot of changes done by SMTP servers have been disabled to deal with DKIM. SUBMIT and delivery time fixups are not being disabled AFAICT; nobody cares about end users being able to apply or check DKIM signatures.

I've always had a separation between relay and submission, so the fixup issues never came up here. (It's one of qmail's virtues.) Dunno what the timeline has been for other MTAs.

In this particular case, I was more thinking that some combination of the mailing list software and the submission server the list uses would tidy up the headers.

Regards,