Re: [ietf-822] WSJ/gmail/ML, was a permission to...

2014-05-04 22:08:09
Ned Freed <ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com> writes:

Now, it's entirely possible that it will be done in a way that leaves
DMARC intact. But it is also possible that it will be done in ways that
leave DMARC in tatters.

And I for one am having a lot of trouble mustering up any sympathy if we
end up with the latter.

+1

Right now, I consider breaking DMARC signatures to be a feature, not a
bug, and am acting accordingly in the maintenance of my mailing lists.
Users who want reliable mailing list service can use a non-broken email
provider.

If we come up with something better, I'm happy to consider it.  But I'm
not going to jump through hoops, or rewrite messages in broken and
deceptive ways, just because Yahoo and AOL had a security problem that
they want to externalize to the rest of the Internet.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle(_at_)eyrie(_dot_)org)
<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>