Re: [ietf-822] Encoding (Re: 😟 Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-crocker-inreply-react-00.txt)

2020-10-05 22:08:10
On 10/5/2020 7:29 PM, John Levine wrote:
Still since there's been concern about encoding raised, I'll ask for
suggested text to include in the draft.
Make it a MIME word with the usual base64 or QP encoding, like the
subject line of the message you just sent. As far as I can tell, only
Unicode has an interesting repertoire of emoji so you could say that
they must be encoded UTF-8.

1. "MIME Word" is a term I don't know.  It doesn't make obvious sense to me.

2. MIME doesn't apply to header fields, such as Subject:

3. I wasn't kidding about asking for text. I mean exact text. This is not a sandbox I've played in or even studied in detail and the text needs to be written by someone who has and does.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking