Re: [ietf-822] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-crocker-inreply-react-03.txt

2020-10-23 12:22:35
On 23.10.20 17:32, Dave Crocker wrote:
Not conflating reply text with a summary reaction makes a lot of things
easier for clients and users.

It's not obvious to me that this is true. (In fact, I suspect it
isn't.)  So feel free to provide a comparison between the two
approaches, in terms of affects on clients and users.

Let's just take the filter example. It's quite easy to write one that
checks for the existence of a certain header field (I don't care much if
it's "In-Reply-React" or "Content-Disposition: Reaction" in the
outermost header).

It's quite another thing to write one for:

check for a part with a "reaction" content-disposition at either the
outermost level or as part of a multipart at the outermost level.

3. Clients would most likely want to hide reaction messages

Why?

Maybe you're the type of person who prefers this: