Re: [Asrg] Textual Analysis is not the solution

2003-03-03 11:45:09
On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 01:09:31PM -0500, David F. Skoll allegedly wrote:
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Mark Delany wrote:

Which simply means that a consent-based system gives you an "accept
unsolicited email from anyone" button, doesn't it?

And that is different from now... how?

I'm assuming a consent-based system gives each email address individual control
over their "consent" settings.

You chose to set your email address to "accept unsolicited email from anyone"
because
that's important to you. It may not be important to me, so my "consent"
settings are
more stringent.

Of course a "consent-based" system is entirely hypothetical right now. All I'm
saying
is that there is no reason to preclude existing behaviour wrt what one accepts
on
an individual basis.

If you are saying that this "feature" of email is universal and everyone will
want
it and must have it, then that's another question entirely. To my mind that's
a consent-threshold question. Spam tells us that the current (and only)
threshold
is too low.

Regards.