Re: [Asrg] MTP draft

2003-03-04 10:07:28
Hadmut Danisch wrote:
On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 04:17:21PM +0000, Martin hepworth wrote:

wouldn't it be better to specify an XML schema so you can track the incoming message format version for syntax checking? I know http has it's uses, but doing an ugly back fit schema was a pain.

Well, that's something I didn't think about. I was focussed on a HTTP approach and didn't even spend a second about XML. Maybe
that's better, while I still prefer the HTTP style, which does
the job very well, I think.
But I agree, XML could be more powerful. The disadvantage is that
it might be difficult to keep the RFC 822 email structure...

Hadmut

Well just as easy to keep the mail structure as with http. You still need a starting doctype defn to be http1.1 compliant don't you?

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

the system manager.