Re: [Asrg] MTP draft

2003-03-04 09:49:04
On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 04:17:21PM +0000, Martin hepworth wrote:

wouldn't it be better to specify an XML schema so you can track the
incoming message format version for syntax checking? I know http has
it's uses, but doing an ugly back fit schema was a pain.

Well, that's something I didn't think about. I was focussed on
a HTTP approach and didn't even spend a second about XML. Maybe
that's better, while I still prefer the HTTP style, which does
the job very well, I think.

But I agree, XML could be more powerful. The disadvantage is that
it might be difficult to keep the RFC 822 email structure...

Hadmut