Re: [Asrg] Spam detection system proposal

2003-03-05 07:47:14
On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Jacqui Caren wrote:

1) a legitimate bulk emailer **should** conform to the general rules
regarding bulk email - there are around 8 or so headers that shold
be added to bulk email.  However as a number of companies block
email that conform to these rules as 'spam', legitimate bulk
emailers are no longer confirming. This means that purely from
message contents and headers it is difficult to tell the difference.

Exactly.  Which is why we need a distributed detection system to detect
spam runs, and I believe the percentage of bad recipient addresses in
a given run is a pretty reliable measure.

--
David.